[Coco] 1 or 2 meg ?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 8 19:44:31 EDT 2015

>> That yellow stuff looks to be double-sided tape?
>>
>> Regards, Bob Devries
>> Dalby, QLD, Australia
>>

> That's what I was thinking too, Bob.  Either that or just some sort of
> vibration dampening material.  I would not feel comfortable using
> something sticky on my GIME.  But perhaps some strong double-sided
> adhesive to attach the fan to the RF box there would work, in addition to
> the padding for the GIME.

And just out of curiosity, for all the electrical guys out there, what would
the impact of a slight, but constant, vibration of the fan be on the GIME?
Would it increase the rate of oxidization due to the vibration allowing air
between metal parts more easily, or would the vibration cause a lessening of
oxidation due to the slight abrasive action of the pins vibrating against
the socket?