[Coco] Screen size

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 8 17:54:42 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Brant"
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 2:37 PM
Subject: [Coco] Screen size

>I am running a CoCo 3 with A/V out. When I run Nitros9, after boot up. I
> can barely read the screen. I have tried this on a few old style CRTs. Any
> one have any ideas on what constitutes a good size to use to make viewing
> in Nitros9 easier. I am guessing the RGB2VGA will help but until then, my
> options are limited.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Mike,

I recently tried out my Coco 3 with an old monitor connected to the A/V
output at 80 cols and it looked great.  But only if I used white text on a
black background.  Which showed up as green on black on the monitor.
Otherwise it looked horrible and was completely unreadable.

I actually took a picture of that... let me grab it and stick it on dropbox
for you to take a look at if you want.

Okay, it's uploaded:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajes98ll23mapgw/DSC01377.JPG?oref=e

The actual display looks better than in the picture.   So before trying
lower screen sizes, try setting the colors to green on black or white on
black and see if that improves the picture.