[Coco] The DOSes

Joe Grubbs jsgrubbs at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 16:15:42 EDT 2015

Pardon my ignorance on the subject of CoCo DOS and really anything Disk oriented. My original CoCo never received the gift of non-cassette storage, and now as an adult the CoCoSDC is my first exposure to anything other than cassette.

I know that Disk Extended Color Basic is ECB with Disk I/O commands implemented by the ROM inside the FD50x controller
SDC-DOS seems to be a similar concept, though specific to the CoCoSDC
I gather that HDB-DOS is again similar, only it is specific to the DriveWire client? (correct me if I'm wrong).

What is RS-DOS? And are there other common DOSes in use by the CoCo community?