[Coco] And on the delusional Ebay auction post today...

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 11:45:45 EDT 2015

Hi Rogelio,
Fantastic job!  You have inspired me to try to restore a Coco 1 D model that has the 4K/16K jumper.  It's currently set to 16K.  The top half of the case has a huge hole like a fan used to be mounted there.  The grill came along with it!  I'm impressed with your ability to desolder 40 pin chips.  I have not tried doing that yet.  Now that I have a Variable Temperature Weller Soldering Station, at some point I want to upgrade one or more of my Coco 3s to a 6309 microprocessor!
I have a Coco 1 online with a 6309 in it, but there is no 6309 software for it.  I want to play with the new instructions the 6309 has to offer.  I've spent some time perusing the 6809/6309 mnemonics and their explanations, but at this point they seem very strange.  I suppose it will just take time to get use to the new additions to the assembly language.  :)  I wonder if anyone has created a real 6309 monitor program yet?
Anyhow, you did a fine job of restoring that Codimex CD-6809!  Keep up the great work!  Take care my friend.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com