[Coco] CP/M emulator for OS-9

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Tue Apr 7 15:19:03 EDT 2015

The Atari-ST was originally going to ship with CP/M 68k.

I remember that when I worked for a company in Brooklyn that sold Columbia
MPCs (an early IBM PC-Clone), CP/M 86 was optional but much more expensive.

Digital Research basically took CP/M 86 and made it DOS compatible, which
became DR-DOS (later Caldera DOS). MP/M (multi-user CP/M) became Concurrent
DOS, which was popular in businesses.

At Zebra, we had an IMSAI 8080 with a Z-80 card and dual 8 inch floppies
which we used for order processing, and for preparing ads and catalogs. I'd
use Wordstar, an Epson FX-80 F/T, and Fancy Font to make catalog pages and
ads for the Timex/Sinclair magazines.

https://flic.kr/p/r4mjFU

-[ Al ]-