[Coco] OS-9 Incremental Backups and how they might be done.

Sun Apr 5 16:39:36 EDT 2015

None of those sound like something to look at.

The basic problem which can be done several ways is to have a map of what files have been backed and then check what has changed and only back up the changed or new files.

I use http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbse.html and have two versions running side by side, one on Nani (Normal User) and one on Nani-Trinity (Administrator)

The both run automatically, one at 6 PM and one at 6:30 PM. Different time on my HTPC for backing up my automatically downloaded programs listings and then programs I have seen.

Great right now as "decades" has a gun to my HTPC (Peter Gunn). 114 episodes in total,  about three more days or so to go.

Then there was the very fast software that came with a HD and another set with a different HD.

None of these methods and many others I have seen require any bits in the file or the funny sector before the file.

You just need to think about the problem at a higher level.

Your approach will  not work for the general user. Helping others is your goal or is it just flipping the bird.

SHF