[Coco] Open Letter to those who will be attending the The 24thAnnual "Last Chicago CoCoFEST April 25-26, 2015

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Apr 4 19:39:26 EDT 2015

On Saturday 04 April 2015 15:47:48 Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> [...]

Yes I did. As far as I know, only Boisy and I got bit. I forgot to take
my own advice.  I had good motives to do so as without it we still do
not have a way to do any sort of an incremental, only "whats changed"
backup. But it would have been a zero problem had people (including me)
invoked my advice about the SAS setting in the descriptor.  Or I should
have waited until I could figure out where to limit the segmnent table
to 47 entries.  Even on a floppy, it should never have been under $10,
and preferably $20.  The default of $08 has used up the segment tables
48 entries at a file size of 98,304 bytes under the worst scenario
conditions.  That, at some point will be encountered on a 35Trk, SS
disk. Best scenario would be at 524,288 bytes, disk full before segment
table on all but 720k floppies.

The repo's value has I believe been raised if Tormod had applied my
proposed commits.

> PLEASE STOP bashing Kevin, As I said to Bosie, Kevin was not the
> person to be contacted.

You brought the name up.

> Please get back on topic!!!!!

This is suddenly a closed list run by a dictator?  Your way or the
highway?  I do not believe that this is why Dennis supplies this list.

> What is being posted is not the discussion I intended.

Probably not Steven, but you've either ignored me, or even said I was
wrong for quite a while on this list.  I am interested in the betterment
of Nitros9 in general.  Grepping the src tree, my name falls out 45
times. Thats more than I actually have contributed because I tend to add
my name in a comment when I have fixed something I consider to be
important enough to note it.  Might be 6 or more hits in one file. So
dilute that 45 accordingly.

Yours?  I cannot get a hit.  Seems like I should ask why not?

> SHF

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)