[Coco] Open Letter to those who will be attending the The 24thAnnual "Last Chicago CoCoFEST April 25-26, 2015

Sat Apr 4 00:14:37 EDT 2015

Brother Jeremy's work AFAIK required that he have the source. If he gave the hard drive back this is the first clue that it might have happened.

Kevin Darling gave his entire system to Brother Jeremy and appeared to have no further interest in it. Once you go OSK you never come back. He earned a living with OSK, it was his day job. I ran across proof of that. The OSK "thugs" took over the Delphi OS-9 forum and drove the 6809 people away. They ran a chat room on Sunday for OSK folks. I opened a 6809 room each Sunday in case someone came by. No one did sadly.

I was not suggesting that Kevin be contacted but Brother Jeremy yes, or someone who has knowledge and perhaps contact with him. I looked at the tables for one of the last CoCoFests and it appeared that while Brother Jeremy was not making an appearance that someone was selling his work.

At the moment I am very interested in the Original Source for Shell, ShellPlus various versions and so on.

The OS-9 manual and the ShellPlus documentation are failing me in understanding why "1" is part of i=1, (i=device name in the manual) and what happens with stuff before the i=1 and stuff after.

OP just reported success! Little less of an need.

There are lots of things that I have in my system that are not in NitrOS-9 because they just wanted to recreate what Tandy released and not the great improvements that the Delphi and CI$ people did. It's their work that may have great value.

Yes you were burned by Kevin, it was to be expected.

Disassembly is never as good as the original authors comments.

Just trying to get in contact with Brother Jeremy was my intention, I never thought about Kevin being of any help. And it's perhaps not his work that would be the reward, it's the work of others that he downloaded from CI$.

I know of no other effort to get Kevin's hard drive. Despite all the great work the NotrOS-9 people have done it just is not ready for prime time and I see more reasons every day.

The 120 GB which was lost and the hording by the website owner are the only two other places to look. You may not want to look at ~ 120 GB of CoCo files but I have even more tools to handle the job. One file I have has 81,478 entries. I think that the CoCo world has ~ 300,000 files which I could handle with the tools I now have.

When I was being paid to program I could walk downstairs and find the source tape for all of the OS, Compilers, Assembler and so on.

I know the value of the original source. Well perhaps not the work of one person who used four letter works for all of his tags and an old maid would faint looking at them.

I was a Super Computer, Programmer. Note the position of the comma.

SHF