[Coco] Play coco text adventures on nearly anything

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 07:17:03 EDT 2015

Hi,

Last year I ported Bedlam, Raaka-tu, and Pyramid 2000 to Android.
Google recently enabled running Android apps on Windows, Linux, and
Macs via the Chrome web browser (in addition to Chromebooks which have
had this capability for a while now).  today I repackaged the games
for Chrome, and it seems to work fine.  I added standard keyboard
support so they work better on non-touch based computers.

If you have a Chromebook, this link should let you play the games:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/coco-text-adventures/pbcoaaajbfckabdfiijconeaihfajibb

If you want to try them on Windows, Linux, or Mac, there are some
extra steps (for now.. it's not clear whether in the future Google
will make the link above work seamlessly like it does on Chromebooks).
Here is an article on how to run Android apps via the Chrome browser:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/3/8339197/android-apps-on-windows-mac-linux-chrome-os

and here is the .apk for the CoCo text adventures:

http://cococoding.com/cocotextadventures.apk

If you want to run the original Android app on an Android device, you
can still do that via the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aaronwolfe.bedlam&hl=en

These games were fascinating to me as a kid.  It's wild to see them
running on practically every modern computing platform that exists
today :)

-Aaron