[Coco] Putting CMDS folder at the same place on new disks

Fri Apr 3 00:34:40 EDT 2015

* newboot.disk.s  91/03/12
Echo
Echo New Boot Disk Preperation shellscript.
Echo
Echo Ready to prepare /d1? (y) (n):\c
if -y
Echo
cd /D1
cobbler /D1
del OS9Boot
FillDisk
makdir CMDS
del FillDisk.BigFile
-t
Echo "-> /D1 ready for OS9gen and Dsave. <-"
endif

This is my script for creating new boot disks with the CMDS folder at the same place on each floppy allowing other disks to be put into the drive without doing a "CHX".

It requires "FillDisk from SHF888.zip on my webpage.

http://home.mindspring.com/~sfischer1/

Start with a freshly formatted disk. (Required!)

I see some problems with this script and NitrOS-9, the "Echo" command may be different.

I had 80T 2S floppies, if you have 40T 2S floppies or 40T 1S floppies then the default file size in FillDisk may need to be adjusted.

For creating a floppy that is not a boot disk some of the commands are not necessary. For example the "C" compiler disks were not bootable.

SHF