[Coco] OS/9 Command to gain keyboard control from script

Wed Apr 1 02:35:12 EDT 2015

Hi,

> No, its when you call a program from a script, it takes the input from the script itself, I want to get input from keyboard itself something like
>
> Minted < /term

There seems to be missing how to do what you want in the shellplus documentation. (Pipes?)

I remember "<.1" or something like that. It will take looking at the OS-9 L-II manual tomorrow.

> Also how to create another window and switch to that from the script? I remember a display sequence for that

That's in the OS-9 L-II manual but with the NitrOS-9 window descriptors not set up properly IMHO and with lots of bad usage examples available you may have big trouble. Too many things may be broken. Tandy's original window descriptors were made by thugs!

The way I had OS-9 L-II set up no problem. I did it often. Want to see three windows on the same screen, I used that often also.

I cannot fix NitrOS-9 by my self and really see no desire for me to do so. YMMV.

I have been thinking about getting my final OS-9 boot disk running so how stuff should work can be demonstrated. But that may be past Christmas time at the rate I get things done.

I have the disk online should someone wish to do that. (Two 80T 2S floppies) I do not know where the last files for running Jeff's CoCo  3 emulator are.

SHF