[Coco] Stable colours

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Tue Sep 30 12:48:27 EDT 2014

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:02:23 -0400
From: "Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus)"<retrocanada76 at gmail.com>

No artifacts are another realm. Since they do not exist in the signal.

You must understand that the scanned image is not pixel and color perfect.
Also, for artifact I would require reading the neighbor pixels. I cannot
access the previous or next line, I can only work with the current line and
I can only access one pixel address per clock cycle.

It would take more memory and a little more board room, but what about "artificial artifacts"? What I mean is there are two different artifact color sets IIRC. Why not program those sets in and have a switch (hardware?) to go between the two? The CoCo3 comes up with one of the sets randomly... it has to be reset a couple times to get the colors right on some games. I guess I'm talking about a switchable programmed in color set. Have no idea how easy that would be! Maybe a switch to turn the artifact color set on, then another to go between sets, color info stored in ROM or RAM???

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine