[Coco] Lock your doors, Nick's going to the US!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 29 18:07:47 EDT 2014

On 30/09/2014 6:10 AM, Tony Cappellini wrote:

> You can skip Las Vegas itself, nothing interesting there.

I beg to differ!!! What about the The Pinball Hall of Fame, with Gamer's
Paradise (retro video game store) right next door!?! Easy to find and not
too far off the strip either!

Where are you staying in Vegas, Nick?

If you're a fan of meat, check out Texas de Brazil. And the best shopping
outlets are on the southern end of the strip, E Warm Springs Road.

> But there are many beautiful national parks all around Las Vegas, not to
> mention the Grand Canyon itself.

Red Rock Canyon is only 45 mins from the strip, and well worth the visit.
Likewise Valley Of Fire State Park is only 1hr drive away as well. And in
December you can drive up to (IIRC) Mt Charlston and do tobogganing - again
just over an hour's drive.

FTR I spent 12 weeks in Vegas a few years ago.

Regards,