[Coco] For those of you following the RGB2VGA FPGA

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Sep 29 17:25:39 EDT 2014

On Monday 29 September 2014 10:48:04 Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) did opine
And Gene did reply:
> S-Video monitors are obsolete as well. Also, usin 80 columns with red
> letters on green background is awful for S-Video. It suffers from color
> leak., black and blue as well.
>
> The GIME outputs the composite video, there is no way to get the
> luminance, unless by taking RGB and following the 0.3, 0.5, 0.1
> formula.

Unforch, that gain ratio is already set inside the GIME, so the best you
can do is add them up.

> Even the vga will have to be replaced by hdmi soon :/

As I fear.  Gotta keep the monitor folks in business you know...

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)