[Coco] [coco] Samsung SyncMaster 730MW

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Sep 29 09:52:42 EDT 2014

On Monday 29 September 2014 00:05:03 George Ramsower did opine
And Gene did reply:
>   I can't remember what the final analysis was on the Samsung
> SyncMaster 730MW is. Does it work for the CC3?
>
>   Can someone advise me on this?
>
> George R

I doubt it George, at least for the 730B.  Would need at least one of
Roy's vga adapter kits to drive it.  Or possibly the one Luis is working
on might work.

Its basic vertical refresh rate is 75hz, and 85khz for the horizontal.
Analog input is a 1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) connector, and a
digital input is a 1 x DVI-D - 24 pin digital DVI connector.

What references I can google find for the 730MW indicates its a secam std
tv, with a 61khz horizontal refresh rate, and while it has an FM audio
tuner too, no mention of any other input facilities are mentioned.
Another site says it has a vga input on a db15 HD connector.

Also gawdawfull expen$ive at $639 MSRP on both sites.  I have to assume
its now several years old, since that money will now buy you a huge 50+
inch hidef tv.

It has been my observation that if a modern "digital" has rca plugs so you
can plug in your ancient vhs vcr, or a dvd player, it usually has the
needed conversions built in.  I now have a 42" Vizio tv from Wallies, that
has a whole rack of input connectors on the back of it that INCLUDES S-
VGA, VGA, and both Composite and RGB on std RCA connectors.  It can
display the NTSC output from a dvd or tape. The Mrs has a sharp hi8
camera, and while its a bit like looking thru a stippled glass shower
door, it does work.  So it might be worth the effort to make a breakout
cable, but one might have to cobble up a circuit to put the coco's sync
outputs under the green signal as I've not seen separate synch inputs for
those.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)