[Coco] [Color Computer] color computer 2 and fd-501 floppy drive

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Sep 26 15:52:26 EDT 2014

On Friday 26 September 2014 15:00:35 rcrislip did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 20:17:11 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 September 2014 20:09:47 tim lindner did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:

> > > I also recommend finding 99% pure rubbing alcohol. Sometimes the
> > > other stuff will include skin moisturizers and water that are
> > > unnecessary.
> >
> > And hardware store, paint aisle alcohol is way better than any of
> > that stuff.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Hi Gene,
>
> I can breath again. This is the first time in a while you posted. I was
> becoming worried for you.
>
> Your Amiga Bud
>
> Richard

The advice of a very long experienced (nearly 65 years now) C.E.T. about
such things seems to be more and more ignored here.  OTOH, I may be the
old man of this mountain at 80 next week.  So, when I can enlighten on a
better way, I still try to do it.  It's in my gene's I think.

Thanks for the flowers & caring Richard.  Its been busy, trying to solve a
gear range problem in the software that runs my cnc lathe, finally doing
that yesterday, then Dee fell ON the couch 3 weeks ago and bent a knee in
a direction they aren't supposed to go.  The MRI's claim its a bone bruise
and could be months to heal.

I have been trying to move some dirt and refill the ditch a gas line was
put in in my back yard left behind when I had a 20kw standby installed
last spring, but the crew didn't backfill worth a toot and I am afraid one
of us will turn or break an ankle stepping in it as the grass now has it
well hidden.  So, like I say, busy.

And I have to do some house cleaning too as one of my boys will be here
with his wife and youngest on the 1st to help me celebrate my birthday on
the 4th.  He has been up in North Dakota for the last 6 months doing
maintenance shop work for one of the drillers and making obscene amounts
of money, working 90 hour weeks and enjoying it immensely as he is his own
boss now.

I had 2 of the other boys here 6 weeks back for a week, and enjoyed that
very much, even unloaded some brass I haven't fully reloaded yet but I
have more. But I haven't a clue if my oldest will make it though, after
about 6 months in a dry out facility last spring, he is back living in a
bottle about 5 months later.  Sad, when that stuff takes over.

Being diabetic, I now claim I am a 1 beer a night alcoholic and thats
something like a Miller 64.  Almost beer, but not quite IMO.  But its
taste is similar to real beer. ;)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)