[Coco] CoCos For Sale

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Tue Sep 23 22:59:58 EDT 2014

Hi Tim!
I saw your email last night and was amazed that Marty Goodman was letting go of so many Cocos!  As you know I'm very serious about our beloved Color Computer 1, 2 and 3.  I like to make an offer for the following Cocos.
CoCo 2, 26-3128A, serial no: 200405
• Factory Composite/Audio out, Educational Market • Composite switchable between Monochrome and Color • Color BASIC 1.3 • Extended Color BASIC 1.1 • 64k RAM • http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/200405.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/200405%20Rear.jpg

CoCo 2, 26-3134A, serial no: 2031735
• Color BASIC 1.3
• Extended Color BASIC 1.1
• 64k RAM, ?mem: 24871
• Monochrome Composite out
• Extra PIA, side mounted socket
• BASIC rom socket
• http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031735.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031735%20Side.jpg
Or
CoCo 2, 26-3134A, serial no: 2031888
• Color BASIC 1.3
• Extended Color BASIC 1.1
• 64k RAM, ?mem: 24871
• Monochrome Composite Out
• Extra PIA, socket mounted on side
• Socketed ROM
• http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031888.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031888%20Side.jpg

CoCo 3, 26-3334, serial no: 1016746
• Side mounted RGB port
• front mounted external keyboard port
• External keyboard mounted in a sleek wodden box • External keyboard includes reset switch recessed in top of case.
• 512k RAM
• Major ICs Sockted
• Sticker on ROM: BUGZ, 4405-5C04 (Absolute) (I don't know what this means) • http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/1016746.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/1016746%20Side.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/1016746%20Keyboard.jpg
Or
CoCo 3, 26-3334, serial no: 1036852
• Not working. Composite video: Blank, RGB video: Garbage • Front mounted RGB port • Front mounted keyboard port • External keyboard mounted in a sleek wodden box • External keyboard includes reset switch recessed in top of case.
• 512k RAM
• Major ICs Sockted

Although I keep applying for positions in the computer technology field I get one of four different responses one of which really gets my gourd - "You're over qualified."  I also get "We've gone with another candidate." Or they call me for an interview then never call me back or I never hear from them at all.  It's very frustrating!  I wish I could offer you the amount most people on this list seem to be able to offer for Cocos, but all I can do at this point is about $120 for three of the ones I highlighted plus shipping.  All I can promise is they will have a wonderful home!  :)
By the way, how is your 2MB Coco doing?  I'd like to hear what you have been doing with it?  If I need to pick just one, I'd say the first one on the list.  For two, I'd say the first one and the Working Coco 3 I cited above.  If the working Coco 3 is gone, I'd like to have the non-working Coco 3.
How did Marty install the extra PIA?  That sounds interesting!  Take care my friend!

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com
http://computerpcdoc.com/

These are all from Marty Goodman's collection. I've cleaned them up, took some nice photos and tested them.

CoCo 2, 26-3128A, serial no: 200405
• Factory Composite/Audio out, Educational Market • Composite switchable between Monochrome and Color • Color BASIC 1.3 • Extended Color BASIC 1.1 • 64k RAM • http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/200405.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/200405%20Rear.jpg

CoCo 2, 26-3134A, serial no: 2035563
• Color BASIC 1.3
• Extended Color BASIC 1.1
• Monochrome Composite Out
• Audio Out (not working)
• Socketed ROM
• 64K RAM, ?mem: 24871
• http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2035563.jpg

CoCo 2, 26-3134A, serial no: 2034912
• Color BASC 1.3
• Extended Color BASIC 1.1
• 64k RAM, ?mem: 24871
• Monochrome Composite out
• BASIC ROM Socket
• Audio out to small amplifier with speaker, cable included • http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2034912.jpg

CoCo 2, 26-3134A, serial no: 2031735
• Color BASIC 1.3
• Extended Color BASIC 1.1
• 64k RAM, ?mem: 24871
• Monochrome Composite out
• Extra PIA, side mounted socket
• BASIC rom socket
• http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031735.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031735%20Side.jpg

CoCo 2, 26-3134, serial no: 2027532
• Color BASIC 1.2
• Extended Color BASIC 1.1
• 64k RAM, ?mem: 24871
• Monochrome Composite Out
• Extra PIA, socket mounted on side
• Socketed ROM
• http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031735.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031735%20Side.jpg

CoCo 2, 26-3134A, serial no: 2031888
• Color BASIC 1.3
• Extended Color BASIC 1.1
• 64k RAM, ?mem: 24871
• Monochrome Composite Out
• Extra PIA, socket mounted on side
• Socketed ROM
• http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031888.jpghttp://www.macmess.org/images/coco/2031888%20Side.jpg

CoCo 3, 26-3334, serial no: 1311438
• 128k RAM
• September, 1995: comp sync on pin 10 of RGB header (I don't know what this means) • All major chips socketed • CoCo 3 BASIC BUGZ 02A8 (I don't know what this means) • Missing plastic feet • http://www.macmess.org/images/coco/1311438.jpg

[...]

Fine print:

Highest offer will not always win. Marty wants these machines to go to people who will enjoy and use them. So let me hear your story.

All offers should include the type of shipping requested. Anything from "I'll come by and pick it up (California: 94520), to "Wrap in plastic, box with 3" of packing on all sides, then box again with 1 inch of packing".

I will ship internationally, But all of these machine use USA power and video signals.

All power cables are intact. Other cables (unless noted) are not included.

Note: Except for the Educational CoCo 2, all the machine were modified by and for the personal use of Marty Goodman. All machines are sold as is, no warranty is either expressed or implied.

--
tim lindner