[Coco] MAX-10

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:50:33 EDT 2014

On Sun Sep 21 2014, Nick wrote:

The version of Max-10 I have doesn't require it yet the dreaded relay
> clicking is still there. If this version I have has a way to turn it
> off, does anyone know where/how that is done?

I know there is an option to remove the keyclick, don't have my copy of
MAX-10 handy to verify but I believe the option was dumped into the menu
title with a (+) on it (was it Search+ ?)

Annoying it is. And I don't think there was a config option to set the
default to no-click, bet it could be done with a strategic POKE if the
source code for MAX-10 would be known.

I did many school papers with MAX-10, stuff that required style and
graphics that could be hard to do with VIP Writer III (the other WP
mainstay on my collection). About the only thing I missed was the lack of
special characters used in Spanish like the accented vowels and tilded n
and N, had to do those manually on the hardcopy... still was better
presentation than the works provided from fellow students using other
platforms available at the time.

-- RP