[Coco] Mac-like Wordprocessor for the Coco...

Blake Patterson blakespot at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:08:01 EDT 2014

I is "Max Write" was the only GUI WP for the CoCo, yes? I've long looked
for a screenshot of it. I've never seen a disk image of it in any of the
archive CD's that have come with this or that CoCo cable or Flash reader.
I'd love to see it.

Zebra Write sounds like an interesting could-have-been.

bp

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Al Hartman <alhartman6 at optonline.net>
wrote:

> When I was working at Zebra Systems, I tried very hard to get Stewart
> interested in leveraging the technology we had developed for the Coco
> Graphics Designer Plus, and create a word processor for the Coco that had a
> WYSIWYG GUI.
>
> Our main developer, Jeff Street had created a nice prototype, but it never
> went beyond that stage.
>
> In my opinion, if Zebra Write had ever been created, it would have been
> one of the must-have programs for the Coco.
>
> I used Coco-Max (developed across the street at Colorware) to do a lot of
> the illustrations for our ads.
>
> I wish he had listened to me rather than devoting that development time to
> other projects which never amounted to anything.
>
> -[ Al ]-

Heisenberg may have slept here.