[Coco] MAX-10

Tom Seagrove tjseagrove at writeme.com
Sun Sep 21 18:17:54 EDT 2014

The click was turning on and off the cassette port.  An update to the program allowed you to turn it on and off.  The dongle went in another port, I think a joystick port, and that was for copy protection. I donate the dongle for "investigation" and after processed received back a replacement encased is resin in a 35mm film case.  I still have it somewhere in my box of stuff.

Tom

On Sep 21, 2014, at 6:05 PM, tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org> wrote:

I've been thinking of doing a simular video with Max-10 and MacWrite.
I also have MacWrite for this old Mac.

The clicker was a copy protection device.

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Further inspired by Tim's CoCoMax video, I decided to also explore Max-10.
> This was written by David Stamp who also did CoCoMAX3.
>
> I have mixed feeling for Max-10. On the one hand it's a great program, well
> written and quite professionally done for the CoCo3.
>
> But on the other hand, it falls short in 2 areas.
>
> 1 - It seems to only use the 320x192 mode. I would have thought the CoCo3's
> 640x192 would have been a better candidate for this sort of program. Was he
> using code from CoCoMax?
>
> 2 - What's the idea of the relay clicking with every keystroke and mouse
> press?! It drives me nuts! Is there an option to turn this silly "audible
> feedback" option off?
>
> N (CLICK) i (CLICK) c (CLICK) k (CLICK)

tim lindner