[Coco] Rgb2vga improvements

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:00:08 EDT 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:

> Yep you could definitely use it but I don't know about the SDRAM specs.
> I got it running in 229 Mhz on DE0-nano it it seems to work, despite the
> datasheet said it operates in 133Mhz...

Is it possible that overclocking the memory is responsible for flickering
pixels in graphics mode?

> But I don't do any refresh, it
> writes and reads so fast that refresh is not needed and would certainly
> impact the process.

That's interesting.  I guess the access is repetitive enough to do the
trick.  Years ago I wrote assembly code for an embedded device that used
an interrupt handler routine to step through a page of NOPs every
millisecond or so.  There were no particular real-time constraints in play
(it was a print buffer) and this saved some money on hardware.

Steve