[Coco] FPGA the future of coco?

tim at franklinlabs.com tim at franklinlabs.com
Sun Sep 14 07:41:22 EDT 2014

In my opinion, that CPU design is basically pointless. The only I/O is a MAX232
serial interface. No video, no keyboard, no peripheral I/O. Also, there's no
interrupt structure at all.

As for converting it into a CoCo2, why? A CoCo2 can be had for $25.00 or less.
If the goal is to create a "practical" working computer using a 6809 it would
cost way  more than that. It would be a fun project for someone with money to
burn and one who wants to learn computer hardware design, but as a replacment
for a CoCo2, blah!