[Coco] FPGA the future of coco?

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Sat Sep 13 14:25:36 EDT 2014

I would just like to see a Coco 3 version of a Replica I. A reproduction of
the Coco 3 that has VGA output, uses PS/2 or USB keyboards, 512k on board
minimum, real RS-232 (Deluxe RS-232 Pack compatible), all the other ports,
and has a cartridge port for backward compatibility with Coco Hardware.

Possible enhancements could be an ethernet port, stereo sound (Speech and
Sound Pak compatible), hi-res joystick interface (CocoMax), SD-Card port,
parallel port, 80-column Wordpak compatibility, and anything else
appropriate for an old 8-bit computer.

We need something that will run existing software, not a new incompatible
platform that few will code for.

-[ Al ]-