[Coco] FPGA the future of coco?

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 12 22:41:41 EDT 2014

I suspect to create an FPGA to upgrade a CoCo2 to a CoCo3 would end up
costing you more than the ebay prices you've seen.

The development board for an FPGA can cost $100 alone.

Fun for awhile but you will get to a point that all the time and money
spent is merely re-inventing the wheel as they say.

An enhancement to a CoCo 1/2 to something which is a "re-visioning" of
what a CoCo3 could have been, that may be different.

Personally, I think it a waste when one could devote the time, money and
effort into something better that more people can appreciate.

You do realise that a CoCo3 in FPGA does exist (I have one)? I wouldn't
use it in place of my real CoCo though. It's "not quite there yet".

Nick