[Coco] FPGA the future of coco?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 9 09:08:51 EDT 2014

On 9/09/2014 10:54 PM, Louis Ciotti wrote:

> I think the failed kickstarter deflated his sails...  I am a mmember for
> the COCO3FPGA yahoo group, and it is pretty silent there.

He did make a cryptic comment after kickstarter failed that suggested he was
still working on a hardware platform, but I've heard nothing since. Keep in
mind that Gary has other retro interests besides the Coco - he did an
AppleFPGA for instance - so perhaps he's following those other interests?

To be honest, I've been out of the 'FPGA emulation loop' for about a year
now, concentrating on my other projects (like Lode Runner and Neo Geo) and
raising a toddler and running a business.

At some point when my Neo Geo FPGA prototype platform comes together, I'll
be working on spin-off projects and a Coco motherboard replacement is high
on that spin-off list... but we're talking a couple of years from now before
that sees the light of day. I simply don't have the time with a toddler and
another in the oven... but I'm working towards getting my business to the
point where I can spend 2-3 full days/week working on retro projects and the
other days managing the business.

Regards,