[Coco] 6847 FPGA

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:04:26 EDT 2014

i wonder if it would be possible to make a passive 6847 that connects into the cartridge port. it would replicate the coco ram since every write is put on the bus. the external 6847 would only listen to the bus.

then it would output a vga signal. maybe the interrupt signal should be pulled from the original 6847 to keep both vblanks in synch

On Sep 8, 2014, at 5:31 PM, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

On 9/09/2014 2:45 AM, Zippster wrote:

> I’m not familiar with programming FPGA’s yet, but is there easily obtainable
> code for emulating the 6847?  What FPGA would be most suitable?

Yes, been around for years. I did one as part of my FPGA Coco 1/2 implementation.

Regards,