[Coco] 6847 FPGA

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at ramoth.org.uk
Mon Sep 8 12:00:35 EDT 2014

On 08/09/2014 16:20, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> Hey all, I found this:
>
> https://github.com/hoglet67/AtomGodilVideo/wiki
>
> This FPGA boards connects direct into the 6847 slot and provides VGA
> output. I think it should work out of the box with our beloved cocos 1&2.
>
> It costs 49EUR though. But it's an interesting thing with extra features
> and  80x24 char output.

I know the person that developed that, one thing to note is that it is
designed to be used in the Atom, where the 6847 fetches the data
directly from the video RAM, not using the SAM to do DMA like the CoCo /
Dragons etc.

Though this implementation has the video RAM within the FPGA, it has not
been tested in combination with a SAM and so would need some work to get
it going.

Cheers.

Phill.