[Coco] OT: Compiling specific package on Mac OS X

Tony Schountz schountz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 20:11:18 EDT 2014

Greetings all,

Sorry for the off-topic post, but this is the best place I visit for the particular problem I’m having.

I’d like to get the Trinity RNA/DNA assembler command line tools installed on my Mac Pro but I am encountering errors that I cannot resolve when I try to compile it. We have this package installed on our group’s Linux server, but I’d also like to do local work on my Mac Pro. The URL of the package is:

http://trinityrnaseq.sourceforge.net

I’m running OS X 10.9.4 and have Xcode and the command line tools installed, but there appear to be Linux-specific issues that I cannot sort out.

If there is anyone on a Mac who might be able to help out, I sure would appreciate it. If you want to take it off-line I can be reached at either:

schountz at gmail.com
tony.schountz at colostate.edu

Thanks very much,

Tony