[Coco] Assembly .BIN -> .CCC/.ROM = SOLVED!

computerdoc at sc.rr.com computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Fri Sep 5 20:36:05 EDT 2014

Hi Nick and All!
I would very much like to get a CocoSDC, but as it seems to be unavailable (I have inquired about it), the Ultimate Eprom pak is my solution for the user who wants all the bin/rom images available on one pak.  I am currently designing the PCB now.  There is an issue of availablity of one of the ICs, but if all goes well The Ultimate Eprom Pak will have the following specifications and features.
2 Versions:
1 Eprom - Stores 64 - 16KB ROM/BIN images
4 Eproms - Stores 256 - 16KB ROM/BIN images
Any bank selectable by POKE'ing one memory address.
The first version will be eprom only unless I can find a DIP version of a Flash chip.  Hummm... I just remembered some so I will check them out shortly.
The 1 eprom version would use a 1MByte Eprom and the 4-Eprom version would use 1-4 1MByte eproms.  Take your pick.  This would give the user the ability to run ANY ROM/BIN image WITHOUT ANY DRIVES of ANY Kind.  That is if my calculations are correct.  :)  I welcome any advice, help with this project anyone is interested to offer/give.  Thank you for all your help thus far guys.  Take care my friends.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com
http://computerpcdoc.com/