[Coco] Assembly Help

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Wed Sep 3 20:20:30 EDT 2014

On 14-09-03 04:18 PM, Chad H wrote:
> DECD was in my 6809 manual and compiled in Rainbow IDE utilizing CCASM without error.  DECU however failed and wasn't on the 6809 chart...I will look at using the LEAU  and see what happens.  Thanks guys!

DECD is most definitely NOT a 6809 opcode. (It's not listed in the 6809
datasheet and none of the undefined operation codes has that effect.) It
is a 6309 opcode, though. If I recall correctly, CCASM supports 6309
opcodes so that would be why it assembled. It won't run as expected on a
6809, though.

Of course, since you were already clobbering D with the use of A in the
loop, it wouldn't work on either processor.