[Coco] SuperIDE restore to CF card from a VHD file.

Mark Rawson ukretrogames at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 12:42:52 EDT 2014

Many thanks for posing your CF image.  I've downloaded the file since
reading your reply.

I've yet to try restoring it to my CF card to load into my real Coco but
I've loaded the image into the VCC emulator and there is plenty to go at.

(I've not yet learned how to reply to my own thread, so please forgive me
if this message doesn't appear as it should).

Thanks and Regards
Mark

---

.vhd are no good for superIDE. .vhd use 256 byte sector as superIDE images
use 512.

try this one, fresh from my superIDE:
http://www.filedropper.com/cfsideimg

Luis Felipe Antoniosi

---

This is my first post here and I'm fairly new to using Cocos, so please
excuse any dumb questions.

I'm a UK retro-computer collector and own a couple of NTSC Coco 3
computers. One of which, I purchased with 512K RAM and a SuperIDE from
Cloud 9.

The first thing I did (before even testing the SuperIDE) was to make a
backup of the included CF card using the Win32DiskImager tool.  This
created a file with a .IMG (presumably RAW) extension. However, I've since
found a 300+ MB image online, taken from a SuperIDE CF card, which appears
to be in .VHD format which is full of goodies and works well in the VCC
emulator.

My questions are:

Which program was used to create this VHD file?

and

Can I restore this to a 512MB SanDisk CF card and use it in my SuperIDE on
my real Coco3? If so, which tool/program is required to write a VHD image
back to a CF card?

Does the image need to be converted to another format before restore?
Again, if so, which tools/programs should I be downloading?

I have access to Mac, Linux and Windows (in order of preference).

I don't have a great deal of experience with the Coco. I don't even have
much experience with the Dragon 64 I also own. The Dragon wasn't as popular
as the Sinclair Spectrum I owned back in the day and UK Dragon owners were
the butt of jokes from Spectrum, C64, Amstrad and even BBC Micro owners.

I'm willing to make amends now though, so please be kind.