[Coco] DW serial timing issue.... and a bug for the total commander plug in.

Chris Ahrendt chrisahrendt at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 27 20:15:57 EDT 2014

I have an interesting issue with the latest DW thats out there for download.
I am on a laptop connected to a usb docking station with built in serial
(on the docking station)
and such.
I connect my DW cable up to my coco3 and when I do a diskcopy from DW to
a physical disk my laptop
BSD's (its a generic driver that it traps in). If I go in and set up the
built in utility to determine which driver
is having the issue then the trap never occurs.

However either way I run DW and windows 7 the diskcopy from the physical
drive on the coco to the virtual
drive on DW still fails with an I/O error.

Any settings that can be adjusted on DW to adjust the timing to the coco 3?

Second issue....
I used the coco total commander plugin for 32 bits to write to a coco
disk....
when I write text files to the blank .dsk image or .bas files... the
coco has no issues reading the file.
If the file is a binary file (.bin) anytime you try and load the file
the coco gets a fm error...

Ideas? What other application would let me create a dsk file so that I
can move the drive wire rom to a physical coco disk....

Chris