[Coco] MicroSD Drive Pak Failure

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 27 13:10:46 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

I accidently dropped my MicroSD Drive Pak on the floor and it's not working
anymore. When I turn on the coco, it displays the Disk Basic copyright, the
Coconet version and hangs on the MicroSD Pak detection. I opened the
cartridge and saw no apparent damage. I tried reseating the socketed chips
to no avail. I suspect the uDrive module to be the problem. The power on led
doesn't go on when I turn on the coco.

If I connect the GND and VCC pins to power up the uDrive module with an
external 5 V DC source while the cartridge is unplugged, is the power on led
supposed to go on?

Is there any other component in the drivepak that is sensitive to shocks?
Eprom? Oscillator?

Thanks,
Guillaume