[Coco] NitrOS-9 L3 Code and Disk Images

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 21:38:01 EDT 2014

Hi Tormod!

Are there any plans for reviving the NitrOS-9 Level-3 Code?

How do I put in my own changes into my local copy of the NitrOS-9 Repository
without the Build process removing said changes every time I try to assemble
the source code and make the disks?  I have some ideas I want to play with
including cleaning up some scripts, adding other scripts that I think are
needed or at least would be interesting and correcting at least one error in
a module.

Another reason why I'm asking is I have a friend named Bas De Jong who is
running a homebrew 68020 VME system he made using wirewrap methods that runs
OS-9 68K 2.3 and he wants to add Windowing capabilities to His OS-9
Operating system.

He asked me some questions about the windowing system in NitrOS-9 and I told
him as far as I know the default distro disks have no built-in GUI.  Then I
remembered the Multivue disks.  I tried the Multivue 6309 DW and Multivue
6809 DW disks in Drivewire with VCC 1.43Beta and neither of them booted.  I
also tried to boot the Multivue 6309 and Multivue 6809 disks in VCC Drive 0
with the Drive off Basic command and neither of these booted.  If I remember
correctly,  Multivue is the GUI application, but I cannot check it out to
get copies of the screen for Bas.

Are the Multivue disks broken or did I make a mistake in my configuration in
Drivewire and/or VCC?

I tested a version of OS-9 Level 3 once quite a while back and it seemed to
work fine, but I didn't have a Coco mouse then so I did not pursue it any
further.  Now that I have VCC 1.43beta I'm going to pull it out again and
see if it still boots.  Any help would be most appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.  Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>