[Coco] The Touchstone - Not working on CoCo3

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 20 14:16:29 EDT 2014

On 21/10/2014 12:40 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> Are you using a RGB monitor ? Did you run RGB command before loading it ?
>
> RGB
>
> I know the 1986 gime chip has some nasty flickering colors. Just try this:
>
> WIDTH80
> CLS4
>
> and you screen goes bezerk...
>

> Luis Felipe Antoniosi

No. This isn't it. I run a PAL CoCo3 and there is no RGB/CMP modes
(although the commands still exist, both colorsets are RGB).

PAL systems boot to RGB mode.

This is something related to screen interrupts or video sync and the
problem occurs while the game is running. When the game is paused or
you're at the title screen, all is perfect. Also, if you constantly
fire, it works ok.

I thought it was an NTSC versus PAL thing but Robert seems to be
experiencing the same thing. It's probably a simple fix but finding it
requires disassembly of the code.

Nick