[Coco] Access to 225 lines in BASIC

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 08:48:13 EDT 2014

Nick, I think (IMHO), that they kept the 192 due to the 8x8 font matrix for text characters. To go to the full resolution left extra "unused" lines, even if they went to an 8x7 or 7x7 (6x7?) font. They ran into the same problem when rewriting the screen drivers for NitrOS9. NitrOS9 allows you to setup the screen for the extra lines but it's always a little "off". It also made the math easier :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com