[Coco] CoCo 2/3 and MPI Locking plate

Mark D. Overholser apple2 at markoverholser.com
Wed Oct 15 23:47:40 EDT 2014

On 10/15/2014 19:55, tim lindner wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 7:52 PM,  <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> You only need a plate that sits on the 2 rightmost CoCo feet and the 2
>> leftmost MPI feet.
>>
>> The holes on the plate need to be made so the feet are snug in the
>> holes.
>>
>> I made one from MDF and it works perfectly.
>
> In America, we do everything bigger. :)

Well... Australia is a pretty big place too...  But if you include
CANADA with the USA, I think we have them beat!!! ( I won't touch on
ego's of North Americans...   At least some North Americans seem to have
Big ego's, not seeing any Big ego's here..  Everyone is so nice and
helpful..  It's like a GIG friendly family... )

This design looks functional...  I had envisioned something like a TV or
Tea Tray, with Edges, that keep the CoCO and the MPI from Separating...
  I would be worried about Passive Cooling and such a small gap between
the CoCo and the 1/4" plywood..

Computer Room raised floors allowed cooling from below..  How about a
Plywood Sandwich, with forced Air and holes directly below the CoCo vents??

MarkO