[Coco] A new idea for a CoCoSDC expander

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 15 05:41:18 EDT 2014

On 15/10/2014 6:57 PM, Brian Blake wrote:
> It does connect to a CoCo via cable with a card edge connector to a 40 pin
> socket. Kinda wierd but it works.

Now *that* looks like a science project!

Like you said, kinda weird but it works.

> Brian
> On Oct 14, 2014 11:41 PM, "Bill Pierce via Coco" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ed, as far as I know, no one has ever built and tested?John's 8 slot
>> expansion, or his 4-slot RS "clone" for that matter. I don't think John
>> ever built one himself. He just did the design. He disappeared right after
>> he made those posts to coco3.com. He also had Orch90, RS232, and FDC
>> clones as well.

I like Little John's design of having the separate bus buffer and
connecting to the slots via ribbon. It means the cards can be away from
the side of the computer, maybe even behind it or even in a separate box
acting as the monitor stand (like a TRS-80 Model 1).

I think 8 slots is more than what most people would want/need though.
I'd probably stick with 4.

Maybe someone should design a MultiPak interface? There's probably some
demand since they are hard to find.

Nick