[Coco] A new idea for a CoCoSDC expander

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 02:42:53 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur Flexser
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:15 AM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] A new idea for a CoCoSDC expander

Okay, Steve, you've aroused my curiosity...

What was the "unique way" John used to remove the copy protection from
those disks?

Art

I wish I knew, Art.  When I looked at the disks, the directory was quite
weird.  If I recall, doing a DIR, showed the file name to type in, and then
a lot of the rest of the directory space was filled in with a solid color,
but it's been quite a few years.  I'm sure I still have these disks.  I'll
try to locate them this weekend.  I have my active Coco system and the rest
of my collection at our family cabin.  If I find them, I would love to send
them to someone to analyze better than my original quick overview.  Quite a
few on my e-mails to Little John involved these types of disks.  He told me
he had about 50 or so more he could send to me.  He asked me for a supply of
disks, which I sent to him.  That's when I started to not hear back, and
when his Dad eventually told me he was back in the hospital.  I'm not 100%
sure, but I think he was quite overweight (like many of us, I suppose, or
maybe more so), and along with other complications, was having breathing
problems.

I'll try to look for these disks this weekend.  Assuming I find them, who
might be the best person to take a closer look at them, to make sure I am
remembering correctly about the weird directory display? I don't think these
disks allowed copying, but like I said, it's been a long time.

--- Steve ---