[Coco] A new idea for a CoCoSDC expander

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 00:42:16 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Pierce via Coco
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:41 PM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: Re: [Coco] A new idea for a CoCoSDC expander

Ed, as far as I know, no one has ever built and tested?John's 8 slot
expansion, or his 4-slot RS "clone" for that matter. I don't think John ever
built one himself. He just did the design. He disappeared right after he
made those posts to coco3.com. He also had Orch90, RS232, and FDC clones as
well.

--------------------------------

Bill, if this is the same John (little John) I used to communicate with, he
didn't really "disappear".  He was very ill.  My guess is that he died of
that illness, or is still too ill to communicate.  He had a great love for
the Coco.  John sent me about 30 disks he had removed the copy protection
from in a very unique way, as well as some of his hardware designs to
review.  Unfortunately, I'm a software person, and was not able to help him
review his designs.  This was many years ago.  I remember getting an e-mail
from his Dad after he didn't reply to several e-mails from me, also named
John (big John, IIRC), telling me of his illness.  I don't remember if I
heard from little John again later.  It would be a great loss if he did
succumb to that illness.

--- Steve ---