[Coco] CocoSDC & NitrOS9

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 18:22:37 EDT 2014

Hello all,

I have read through the CocoSDC web pages to try to determine how
friendly the device is with NitrOS9.

My setup currently is:

Coco3 with 1MB RAM
Disto SCII with 4-in-1
2 DSDD 80 track floppy drives
2 Quantum 120MB SCSI hard drives.

I'd like to be able to retire the two Quantum drives.
I'm hoping there will be some way of copying data from the Quantum
drives to image files that the CocoSDC can use.

There's not much discussion of NitrOS9 on the web site.

I'm hoping that I can create an image file, mount it in drive 1 (NitrOS9
/D1) and copy or DSAVE files from /H0 (Quantum) to /D1 (CocoSdc)

It seems that the creation of the image file *must* be done from Disk
Basic, unless someone can devise a NitrOS9 programme to do that.

The other way for me would be to backup the Quantum drive(s) to multiple
virtual floppies and then restore them back to the virtual HD.
This however, will depend on whether the diskchange switch will work
within NitrOS9.

Is there any further information available? Has anyone else pondered this?

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia