[Coco] Including an SSC

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sun Oct 12 12:46:14 EDT 2014

Ironically, this is *exactly* what Frank Hogg was trying do to with the K-Bus part of the TC-9/TC-70. Either board could set up parameters (pointers, etc. in the shared RAM), and implement function calls to the other card. So, the 6809 could call the 680x0 to perform tasks, or the 680x0 could call the TC-9 to perform tasks. Other then some testing, I don't know of anybody who actually did anything substantial with that (neither Bill Nobel or I, for example, had any other K-Bus boards besides the TC-9). It did, however, have both an 8 bit ADC and 8 bit DAC, so it could do 8 bit sound samples (vs. the Coco 3's 6), and 256x256 joystick sampling without a hi-res joystick interface.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net