[Coco] Including an SSC

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 12 03:47:35 EDT 2014

On 12/10/2014 4:33 PM, Al Hartman wrote:
> Sorry, but you can't disagree with 1,3 and 4.
>
> It has already been said that the CocoSDC is so tight to the case,
> that adding the SSC components will mean it doesn't fit in the case.

No way you can fit anything else into the CoCoSDC once it in a FD502
case. That's why I've been only talking about the possibility of
squeezing in just a bus header to allow a cable out to more circuitry
(and even that is a maybe).

Too late now. I think this discussion is over. There will be no CoCoSDC
revision.

> As for the other two, I said "a lot of us" , not "all of us."

There is also "a lot of us" who do want sound enhancements and this has
been a wish that has been around since the mid 80's. The SCC is Tandy's
half-arsed answer.

> I would rather see a clone of the MultiPak that can sit behind the
> Coco, connected via a cable so I can connect more stuff without my
> Coco spreading out too far to the right. I used to have a Multipak,
> but I don't know what I did with it.

Ah! Now here we have 100% agreement!

We can choose to differ on the sound issue but I agree wholeheartedly
about a multipak BEHIND the CoCo.

Many other computers did this.

The TRS-80 Model 1 had the expansion at the back and the monitor sat on
that.

The Apple II had it's expansion slots at the back of the case where the
monitor sat.

I also have an Exidy Sorcerer, Australian Microbee and others that did this.

The CoCo had to have everything "in-your-face" on the right hand side.

Nick