[Coco] Including an SSC

S Klammer sklammer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:27:32 EDT 2014

Some, myself being one, do not have a multi-pak or comfortable with a
hacked together Y cable.

I do not understand the reluctance to having the "possibility" of having
multiple functionality in a single cart.  IIRC, there was similar
resistance to this product as there already existed other avenues via other
options (all great products/solutions in their own right).

If I had the skillset, I'd design it myself.  As I do not, I rely on the
skills of others and will *suggest* additions to same - if, IMHO, it would
not a) add significantly to the cost of the product, b) improve the product
and c) increase the usefulness to not only myself, but to others as well.

If such suggestions are not "technically" feasible, are cost prohibitve or
there is just no inclination or concensus to add such additional
functionality, then *so be it*.  I'm just one person with an opinion or
idea - that may or may not have been considered by the designer and that
others may or may not agree with.

To that end, I was part of the first run of the CocoSDC and enjoy it
immensely - *as is*.  I'm also looking forward to Luis' VGA adapter,
*if/when* it goes into production and I'm apprecitive that he was able to
incorporate NTSC type artifacting - as I was one (of?) who suggested it.

My quazi quote from Darren was not intended as any form of slight.  If it
was interpreted as such, even with the smiley, I apologize, as I have great
respect for him and his CocoSDC!

Since a third run of the CocoSDC is being planned with the count quickly
approaching 100 units, I thought that this might be an opportunity to add
some potential functionality, IMHO only delaying this run for a few months
(how long has it been since the last one?, and IIRC, it was I who started
the current "feeding frenzy').

/defensive mode off :)

BTW, although I do not have a multi-pak, I already have a SSC and an Orch90.

Shain