[Coco] CocoSDC

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:32:56 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) <
retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Because CoCoSDC looks to the CoCo like a standard disk controller, any
> > software written for the CoCo to access disk works as normal
>
> Not exactly true. Nibblers would not work. Steve Bojrk's Z-89 would not
> work as it uses half-tracks.

I don't know what you mean by 'nibblers', but the CoCo SDC does work with
most copy-protected software including Z-89. In fact, I'm not aware of any
copy-protected software that won't work, but I haven't tested everything.

The trick is to construct a working image in the SDF format. There is a
page on the blog site that discusses image formats in more detail. There is
also a link to download a program that will convert DMK images to the SDF
format.

Darren