[Coco] CocoSDC

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Oct 10 00:13:15 EDT 2014

On Thursday 09 October 2014 22:29:14 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Many happy returns Gene!
> Thank God, my hands are still steady, at 76,
> but who knows if I'll reach the big eight-o? :)
>
> Kandur

None of us do. I had a good scare in late may, a pulmonary embolism that
just about put the ~30~ on the end of my story. It left me with just
enough sense to understand that it might be the end. I don't recommend it
as a way to die.  But the clot buster shot worked, so I'm still all here,
I think. :)

Some would have argued that point for the last 75 years. ;-)

> Thursday, October 9, 2014, 6:05:27 PM, you wrote:
> > On Thursday 09 October 2014 18:14:04 Bob Devries did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:
> >> Hi Gene,
> >>
> >> I'm still capable of doing the through-hole stuff, but shaky hands
> >> preclude me from doing surface mount stuff.
> >
> > I'll have to admit its becoming a challenge here too, Bob.  Who is
> > the elder here?, I hit 80 last Saturday.
> >
> >> @Darren two questions:(others please feel free to chip in :)
> >>
> >> Does the CocoSDC recognise a SCSI interface (and drive(s))?
> >> This would be for the purpose of copying the file system (OS9) from
> >> the HD to the CocoSDC.
> >> I could use one of the backup utils, but a direct DSAVE would be
> >> easier.
> >
> > All we should have to do, once we've got os9boot quasi configured, is
> > change the slot number in the SDC descriptor to put the SDC in some
> > non 3 slot, and reboot with it in the selected (0-2) slot.  So you
> > current scsi controller remains in the system in slot 3 (4 on the
> > mpi switch), and is bootable until such time as the SDC is also.
> >
> >> What is the approximate cost?
> >
> > Thats not set yet.  Whatever it is, I'm sure I can afford 1 since I
> > do get an SS check monthly, and the place is paid for.
> >
> >> Regards, Bob Devries
> >> Dalby, QLD, Australia

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett