[Coco] SD Card reader/writer or USB

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 02:14:35 EDT 2014

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 19:26:32 -0700
From: Josh Harper <allencoco at yahoo.com>
To: "coco at maltedmedia.com" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Subject: [Coco] SD Card reader/writer  or USB

Hi guys

commodore  computers have a device that store up to 2gb of disk  images
SD2IEC

SD2IEC I     stores files on a standard SD Card
SD2IEC II    stores files on  micro sd or usb flash drives

my question is do we have something like this that someone has for sale or
in development  for the coco

I would like to get something like this

Why not get one of the various Floppy Drive emulators that have come
available recently?

They are as cheap as $25 on ebay, but go up to several hundred dollars.
These have been a godsend for synthesizer and retro-computer owners

Here is one of the more well-known emulators (I am not endorsing this, as I
haven't used it yet)

http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=13

Nick- your reply mentioned you have floppies that are unreadable.
There are at least two products that I know of that help in retrieving data
from old floppies. The Disk Ferret and Kryoflux.

Again, I haven't used either of these. Both of these will require a lot of
patience and a fair amount of technical knowledge. They aren't a turnkey
system.

Good luck!