[Coco] Snakes for OS-9

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 21:26:07 EDT 2014

Tim, there are several os9 programs you could use,  One is "Lines", which (of course) draws random lines on the screen in various colors (similar to the Windows screensaver). Another is (my favorite) "Landscape" which draws a 3 dimensional landscape (hills, valleys, etc) and has cmd line parameters to set the resolution ( which also determines the speed). Another is "eye" which (IIRC) a large, moving eyeball on the screen, Another is "walk" which is a walking stick figure. Also, there's a bouncing ball demo for OS9
The TOP of the list would be "waterfall" which was a "ported" graphic of a beatiuful waterfall using palette switching to emulate the water cascading. This was a very early Coco 3 "Graphics Demo" to show of the Coco 3 and the original was in RSDOS but it got ported to OS9 Level 2 and is still one of the best.
Then there is always the "Sierra XMas demo".
Most of these are on RTSI or the Color Computer Archives. If you can't find them let me know, I have copies

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com