[Coco] At RadioShack, a history of hits and missed chances

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 13:49:07 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Rob Rosenbrock <bester at adamswells.com>
wrote:

> Radio Shack kits may not have been on the level as those of Heathkit, but
> they did expose many people to electronics who might not have otherwise.
> These type of kits may be available online, but having them in the stores
> makes them more readily available. (Especially for those who do not have a
> credit card or PayPal account)

Plus if it is on the shelf with staff trained to talk about it, you can
snag some people who are "window" shopping and would have never thought to
buy one.  Sure there are plenty of things I can get online delivered to my
door for lower cost (which I do often), but I think I have a better
experience with physically seeing the item before I purchase it.