[Coco] coco fpga

Camillus Blockx camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 21:14:20 EDT 2014

Hi all,

That is why I suggested earlier to have the obsolete parts first in fpga, a enhanced GIME and or SAM ( coco1,2), and maybe more people can build smaller projects in smaller ( read cheaper ) FPGA chips. The idea's are as the sky's limit.

Enhanced faster PIA, UART, parallel port, real rs232, USB, etc etc.

Just something you plug in in place of the old chip.

This has also the benefit, that no one has to put an arm and a leg on the table, to have something special on his coco. One can buy when one can afford, module by module.

Hope I can contribute one day in FPGA development, but I'm 56 and my learning capacity is one of the slowest talent I have ...LOL. If a complete FPGA chip is dedicated to emulate a 6809 / 6309 then it would be possible IMO to make it exact as the real thing, maybe even faster en better. Same goes for the GIME chip and SAM.

And yes at the end it is maybe just you and me, but if we did not had all those thinkers in the old, who actually did nothing then write down what they thought, we would have a lot less on this day....LOL.

Keep the spirit up guys, long live the coco...

Camillus

---